Throughout the year Ferencváros engages in an ever growing number of CSR activities, with more and more broad social impact. Our projects include:
· The Fradi School Programme
· Anti-discrimination campaigns
· Fradi Fair Play Award
· Telekom Actives Supporters Programme
· Support for disabled supporters
· Visiting hospitals and ill people
The Fradi School Programme
With this initiative Fradi reached more than 160 schools and 55 thousands of pupils within three and a half years. The students meet Ferencváros icons and learn about the importance of combining studying with sports in an interactive manner.
The participants can learn about the great history of Ferencváros, take part in contests, can win Fradi-memorabilia, and receive the opportunity to visit one of the football team’s home matches at the Groupama Arena.
For the initiative the club received a Fair Play Award from the Hungarian Olympic Committee in 2017.
Anti-discrimination campaigns: We Are One
Ferencvárosi Torna Club has been campaigning against exclusion since 2012. Every year we raise awarness about the matter. This year we took a different approach and created a molino. VIDEO!
Ferencváros did it’s annual Fair play campaign. This year we created a banner with the palmprints of Fradi athletes that was shown before the football game against Kisvárda as a coreography. Players from various age groups, nationalities and departments all got together to emphasize the fact that we are one, we are the strongest together and everyone matters.
Fradi Fair Play Award
For many years now FTC have been taking a leading role in social responsibility activities in Hungary, and now the club establishes the Fradi Fair Play Committee and award.
In the spirit of the club’s motto (Morality, Strength, Unity) FTC establish the Fradi Fair Play Committee. The aim of the committee is to raise attention to Fair Play and the values and traditions of “Fradism”, with special attention to promoting moral rules, respect and non-violent and doping-free sport. The committee takes aim to find and recognize those members of FTC who set an example for the community, with their work, lifestyle or acts.
- At FTC we have been emphasizing the spirit of Fair Play for years now – said Gábor Kubatov, President of FTC. – Fair Play is one of the noblest components of sport. At Fradi our primary duty is to respect the opponents and the rules. Each year we organize lectures and presentations about fair play. With establishing the Fradi Fair Play Committee we want to take another step towards spreading the spirit of fair play. It is a great pleasure to have such partner as the Hungarian Olympic Committee’s Fair Play Committee, we are truly grateful for their cooperation.
The committee comprises nine members who can award the Fradi Fair Play awards and plaques in two categories. The ‘Real Green-White Hero" category’s Fair Play Act award can be given to any green-white supporter, athlete, manager or employee of FTC. The “Serving Sport” plaque can be given to any current Fradi athlete, manager, coach, while the “Lifetime Achievement Award” to former Fradi athletes, managers or coaches. The “Fradi Heart” category with the “Noble Act” plaque includes any private person who contributes to any of the social activities of FTC with non-financial support.
- I am glad that Fradi, being the first club in Hungary, decided to establish a Fair Play Committee – said Jenő dr. Kamuti, President of the International and Hungarian Fair Play Committee. – I am grateful for the club and its leaders. During the past years I have many times had the opportunity to meet FTC’s young athletes and present Fair Play to them. The club with great traditions has had many great athletes following the spirit of fair play, and I am sure this will continue in the future as well. The Fradi Fair Play Committee takes on a great responsibility with promoting Fair Play to the nearly 3000 athletes of the club. They are the future both on the pitch and in daily life. Today it is especially important that we have caring and helping people who respect each other. I wish dedication for the committee! I hope that other clubs will step into the footprints of the FTC soon.
With this initiative FTC aim to emphasize its participation in the #MoreThanFootball campaign, where 77 clubs from 27 countries present and promote their social responsibility campaigns.
The project supported by the EFDN (European Football for Development Network) and the UEFA Foundation was called to existence to present and promote the corporate social responsibility projects of European football clubs. Its aim is to reach as many people as possible during the campaign week with these noble activities and programs.
Telekom Active Supporters Programme
Ferencváros is a pioneer among Hungarian sports clubs when it comes to CSR. The Telekom Active Supporter Programme now receives its own section on the weekly Fradi TV programme.
The Telekom Active Supporter Programme is now officially launched. The first activities were held and the progress of the participants can now be followed weekly on Fradi TV. In the first episode we introduce the programme leaders and summarize the first activities. Watch it now!
Support for disabled supporters
By the cooperation of Ferencvárosi Torna Club and Provident, the new accessible parking area has been opened at the Groupama Arena.
Viktor Paján, facility manager of Népliget Sports Center told us that the club and Provident launch a project every year where they aim to create value for the community. This year this project was creating a parking area for disabled people at the Groupama Arena.
- This is a noble purpose – says Botond Szirmák, CEO at Provident. – We are 3000 people working at Provident and almost 200 of us have some form of disability. For them, these projects are especially important. When they would like to visit the stadium, they need accessible parking, and comfortable routes to the gates and sectors. That is why we want to stand up for all CSR projects.
The unveiling of the parking area took place before the FTC-Újpest derby.
- On behalf of Ferencváros, I am grateful for this parking area - says Zoltán Nyíri, COO of FTC. – With this parking lot we will make many Ferencváros supporters’ life easier. It does not matter from now on if they have reduced mobility or sit in a wheelchair. I am grateful in their names as well. This parking lot is built with Western European standards, I hope that all our disabled athletes and supporters will be able to use it at their ease.
András Igaz, Managing Director of the stadium operator, LSH Kft, expressed his happiness that the supporters could explore this new area on a full-house game. Sándor Sas, disabled powerlifter of Ferencváros participated on the event as well.
- I meet many disabled parking lots which are built without paying attention to the details. Looking around here we can see that everything was taken well care of and the stadium became really accessible. I see this as a very positive action – expressed his happiness Sándor Sas.
It is a tradition that our athletes – regardless of division – visit hospitals and people who have to spend the red days and holidays at the hospital.